Enterprise Business Agility Workshops
Enterprise Business Agility Seminar | 2 hrs
Leaders are facing increased pressure to deliver faster, better products. The journey of true Enterprise Business Agility is one that requires an overall transformation strategy that combines lean portfolio management, organizational value stream design, lean product development, leadership & culture, measurement, DevOps and other elements.
Through this 2-hour seminar, we’ll dig deep into the seven critical pillars of an Enterprise Business Agility transformation and help executives understand the elements needed for designing successful business agility transformations where Agile/Lean goes beyond IT.
EBA Baseline Assessment | 1/2 day
This workshop is designed for transformation leaders to gain a baseline assessment of the current maturity on the Enterprise Business Agility pillars. The outcomes are clarity and alignment on current state along with identification of top areas of growth.
EBA Strategist Certification Course | 2 Days
This workshop is intended for leaders and change agents who are actively transforming their organization to learn about the key pillars needed for successful business agility transformations.
You will walk away with an understanding of concrete solutions and participate in activities tailored to your specific transformation challenges. Transformation leaders will learn how to enable enterprise level business agility transformations to technology groups and business areas across the enterprise. We will spend time exploring each of the seven pillars within the Enterprise Business Agility Model in detail, developing the skills necessary to lead a transformation within each pillar.
Participants will also receive the EBAS (Enterprise Business Agility Strategist) certification in addition to the *IC-Agile BAF certification. *Customized workshops might not qualify for IC-Agile BAF.
The goal of day 1 is to discuss the challenges and drivers for EBA, understand the scope of the EBA Model and explore the “Lean Portfolio Management” and “Organizational Structure and Design” Pillars in depth.
- Understand current challenges with market strategy, execution across your organization and why change is imperative
- Gain a high-level understanding of the 7 pillars of an Enterprise Business Agility transformation
- Deep dive into Lean Portfolio Management, breaking work into quarterly outcomes, visualizing demand and capacity and applying modern funding models
- Explore the Organizational Structure and Design pillar and analyze different approaches for team design and alignment to end to end value delivery
- Deep dive into the Customer Seat at the Table pillar and how to mature design thinking and lean product development within your areas
The goal for day 2 is to explore the remaining pillars in depth, discuss the EBA transformation strategy and finish the day sharing real-world business agility stories
- Design a Leadership & Culture Transformation strategy that enables your transformation
- Explore the Agile Framework and Mindset pillar to understand the principles, values, methods and strategies for adopting and scaling Agile. Design a maturity roadmap to help teams (business or technology) mature (crawl, walk, run, fly)
- Explore and discuss the key enterprise agility metrics that matter
- Complete a baseline Business Agility health assessment to understand your current state
- Understand our proven strategy and approach to enabling business agility
EBA Strategy Planning Session | 1 day
This workshop is intended for senior transformation leaders and change agents who are actively transforming their organization to develop a vision, measures for success and transformation roadmap towards EBA. You’ll also design your Transformation Leadership team, decide on the scope and how fast you want to go and identify key stakeholders.
The goal of this session is to develop a clear vision, define transformation outcomes and measures, agree on scope, build a transformation roadmap, design the transformation team and complete high level planning for first quarter outcomes.
- Consensus on challenges and drivers for change
- Quick review of the 7 pillars of an Enterprise Business Agility transformation
- Transformation vision/intent, themes and investment
- Transformation outcomes and quarterly roadmap
- Top risks and mitigation strategy
- Transformation team design
- Planning, execution, visibility and reporting
- Change management plan
- Review outcomes for next quarter
- Identify key deliverables
- Final consensus and vote on the plan
Jump Start Workshops
Purpose: Mature portfolio management by focusing on defining and aligning around business outcomes and optimizing team design.
Purpose: Mature product & discovery by focusing on the customer, discover teams, team of team planning, assessing & developing growth plans.
Purpose: Mature leadership agility by focusing on Leadership Agility, Leading High Performing Teams, forming those teams, assessing them & developing growth plans.
Purpose: Mature measurement within the organization by focusing on what radars to use, data strategies, overview of AgilityHealth by role, facilitating an AgilityHealth Retrospective, reading out those results to leadership, rolling up the data, developing key insights & building growth improvement backlogs.
Purpose: Mature Agile Talent & HR by deep diving into Agile Talent & HR concepts, facilitating the Agile Talent & HR Radar, assessing the results, developing key insights & building growth improvement backlogs along side quarterly planning.
Purpose: Apply Agile thinking to create high performing teams as Agile is a mindset, defined by values, guided by principles and manifested through many different practices. Business agility depends upon a strong foundation in applying Agile principles, processes and frameworks along with embracing Lean and Agile thinking.