Validation & Optimization
Customer Seat at the Table
Product validation and optimization is the process of fine-tuning a product through measuring and tracking feedback from customers as independent improvements are implemented and tested. The key to this process is to identify and prioritize specific features for development that provide product differentiation and have value to the customer. Each improvement is tested and assessed independently and customer feedback is gathered and used as the next improvement goes through the discovery activities.
Solution Discovery activities continue throughout this phase to gather feedback from customers and internal customer intelligence data to define future Minimum Viable Products (MVPs) and Minimal Marketable Products (MMPs) and identify enhancements to an MMP that has already been released. This process is referred to as Dual-Track Scrum or Dual-Track Discovery Process.
Problems We’re Trying to Solve
- High-cost and large-scale rework
- Investing in features that are not wanted or needed
- Missed market opportunities
- Unhappy customers
- New ideas for the product are tested at a low cost, measured by development costs, responsiveness to change and time to market
- Understanding of the customer grows over time, measured by customer satisfaction
- Enhancements to the product add customer value, measured by ROI