Enterprise Business Agility Workshops
Enterprise Business Agility Seminar | 2 hrs
Leaders are facing increased pressure to deliver faster, better products. The journey of true Enterprise Business Agility is one that requires an overall transformation strategy that combines lean portfolio management, organizational value stream design, lean product development, leadership & culture, measurement, DevOps and other elements.
Through this 2-hour seminar, we’ll dig deep into the seven critical pillars of an Enterprise Business Agility transformation and help executives understand the elements needed for designing successful business agility transformations where Agile/Lean goes beyond IT.
EBA Baseline Assessment | 1/2 day
This workshop is designed for transformation leaders to gain a baseline assessment of the current maturity on the Enterprise Business Agility pillars. The outcomes are clarity and alignment on current state along with identification of top areas of growth.
Enabling Enterprise Business Agility | 2 days
This workshop is intended for senior leaders and change agents who are actively transforming their organization to learn about the key pillars needed for successful business agility transformations.
You will walk away with an understanding of concrete solutions and participate in activities tailored to your specific transformation challenges. Transformation leaders will learn how to enable enterprise level business agility transformations to technology groups and business areas across the enterprise. We will spend time exploring each of the seven pillars within the Enterprise Business Agility Model in detail, developing the skills necessary to lead a transformation within each pillar.
Participants will also receive the EBAS (Enterprise Business Agility Strategist) certification in addition to the *IC-Agile BAF certification. *Customized workshops might not qualify for IC-Agile BAF.
The goal of day 1 is to discuss the challenges and drivers for EBA, understand the scope of the EBA Model and explore the “Lean Portfolio Management” and “Organizational Structure and Design” Pillars in depth.
- Understand current challenges with market strategy, execution across your organization and why change is imperative
- Gain a high-level understanding of the 7 pillars of an Enterprise Business Agility transformation
- Deep dive into Lean Portfolio Management, breaking work into quarterly outcomes, visualizing demand and capacity and applying modern funding models
- Explore the Organizational Structure and Design pillar and analyze different approaches for team design and alignment to end to end value delivery
The goal for day 2 is to explore the remaining pillars in depth, discuss the EBA transformation strategy and finish the day sharing real-world business agility stories
- Design a Leadership & Culture Transformation strategy that enables your transformation
- Deep dive into the Customer Seat at the Table pillar and how to mature design thinking and lean product development within your areas
- Explore the Agile Framework and Mindset pillar to understand the principles, values, methods and strategies for adopting and scaling Agile. Design a maturity roadmap to help teams (business or technology) mature (crawl, walk, run, fly)
- Explore and discuss the key enterprise agility metrics that matter
- Complete a baseline Business Agility health assessment to understand your current state
- Understand our proven strategy and approach to enabling business agility
Enterprise Business Agility Strategy | 1.5 days
This workshop is intended for senior transformation leaders and change agents who are actively transforming their organization to develop a vision, measures for success and transformation roadmap towards EBA. You’ll also design your Transformation Leadership team, decide on the scope and how fast you want to go and identify key stakeholders.
During the first day you will build a transformation roadmap and on the second day you will create more detailed plans for the next quarter.
The goal of day 1 is to develop a clear vision, define transformation outcomes and measures, agree on scope, build a transformation roadmap, and design the transformation teams.
- Consensus on challenges and drivers for change
- Quick review of the 7 pillars of an Enterprise Business Agility transformation
- Transformation vision/intent, themes and investment
- Transformation outcomes and quarterly roadmap
- Top risks and mitigation strategy
- Transformation team design (single team or multiple teams)
- Planning, execution, visibility and reporting
- Change management plan
Day 2 (half day)
The goal for this half day is to allow the transformation team to complete detailed planning for the first quarter outcomes along with some ‘team forming’ activities.
- Review outcomes for next quarter
- Identify key deliverables (features/stories)
- Layout delivery plan for next 6 iterations (assuming 2 weeks each)
- Agree on team capacity, skill gaps and other risks
- Consensus on Team Design, roles and expectations
- Develop team norms and working agreements
- Agreement on tracking tools, meeting ceremonies, team workspace
- Final consensus and vote on the plan
EBA Workshop Roadmap by Pillar
Customer Seat at the Table
Product Maturity Assessment & Growth Plan
Business Outcomes & OKR Workshop (Product)
Customer Seat Deep Dive
5 Day Discovery Sprint
Lean Portfolio Management
Portfolio Team Design & Delivery Optimization
Business Outcomes & OKR Workshop (Portfolio)
Lean Portfolio Mgmt Planning
Enabling Portfolio FLOW
Org Structure & Design
Org & Value Stream Design Overview
SAFe Value Stream Workshop
Value Stream Discovery Workshops
Agile Framework & Mindset
Baseline Team Health Assessment & Growth Plan
Agile for Tech & Business Teams
Scaling Agile Training
Leadership Triangle Collaboration
Leadership & Culture
Leadership Agility Overview
Role of Agile Leaders/Managers
Leadership Agility Assessment & Growth Plan
Leadership Agility Transformation Program
Make It Stick/Sustain
Build Internal EBA Leaders (EBAS)
Measuring what Matters Strategy
AgilityHealth Facilitator Certifications
Agile Talent & HR