OPEX World Summit Summary
I had the pleasure of attending the OPEX World Summit this past week. It’s been more than 7 years since I’ve engaged with OPEX/PEX & I was so pleasantly surprised with how they have stepped up their game!
Found myself wanting MORE time (very rare for me) & I am sincerely looking forward to attending more of these events in the future.
For those of you that attended, the video recordings & presentations will be coming soon!
- Transformation work can feel lonely at times but, we are NOT alone
- Such a wealth of information we can learn from others if we step back & take the time to do so
- Our organizations are not as unique as we think
- Take the time to “partner” with people outside of your company who can help – they aren’t ALL trying to sell you something (& if they are, it’s generally because they truly believe & are passionate about the value their product or service can provide)
- Don’t let ego get in the way – your own or anyone else’s
- The “methodology” really just doesn’t matter – use what works for you, your industry & the teams within (they know best)
- No cookie-cutter approach, no step by step instructions, tailor your plans based on the priorities & targeted business outcomes within your specific organization
- Don’t overcomplicate it, keep it VERY simple & be satisfied with incremental progress
- Don’t let fear get the best of you if it fails, so what? – share the learnings & move on
- Find the willing, start there (don’t waste your time on the resisters) – others will take notice once the momentum starts building
- Pages & pages of all kinds of great ideas specific & applicable to each focal point within an Enterprise Business Agility transformation journey
Congrats to the Winners!
For those of you spread throughout the world, check these out if you are interested:
- OPEX Financial Services – New Orleans
- OPEX Summer Business Transformation Leaders Summit – San Diego
- OPEX Business Transformation – Europe (Amsterdam)
- OPEX Middle East Business Transformation Leaders Summit – Dubai
- Operational Excellence Week Canada – Toronto