The Challenges of a Transformation Coach
At the EBA Summit this past September, Rupert shared the challenges that come along with being a transformation & executive coach & how to engage senior executives to actively promote & lead the adoption of Enterprise Business Agility.
Rupert’s presentation and slides can be found here.
- The change we are asking for is generally resisted by middle management
- Upper management often thinking, “I don’t need to change”
- The change is feared by most
You are there for a reason. Use your time to serve the leader/team to provide real solutions for their unique challenges.
- Do the homework – identify areas of influence and understand those pinpoints
- Help them pinpoint the greatest challenge at this point of time
- Clearly define the “elevator pitch” & test it
- Get to “yes” quickly as possible
Challenges will come along – coach for creating an environment to support:
- Organizational structure
- Organizational design
- Radical transparency
- Performance management
- Visible executive support
- Guiding Coalition
- Motivate – emotions are powerful, start with “why” and “business value”
- Show the way – 7 pillars of EBA and define the measures of success
- Create the environment for change – coach leaders to shape the environment
- Deliver value frequently & advertise success
As a transformational coach, YOU are leading the change.
Want to Learn More?
- Learn more about AgilityHealth®